Falls Lake Academy PTA has set up a special fund for classroom grants to help teachers equip their classrooms for the betterment of our students’ educational experience. The PTA has developed the following process to allow for a fair allocation of the classroom grant funds. Teachers are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity of support from the PTA.
How Do I Submit
Teachers should fill out the Classroom Grant Application Form and drop off in the PTA mailbox by the identified deadline.
Click here for the Classroom Grant Application Process and Rules Document.
Note: we have requested that you be a member of the PTA to apply for a teacher grant.
When Do I Submit
There are 3 selection periods each year.
The dates for the 2018 - 2019 school year are
No grants will be accepted after the selection period, so get those grants in on time!
Each Classroom Grant Application Form will be reviewed by Amy Hobgood for practicality before the PTA Board receives them for review/approval.
The PTA Board will review the approved applications at a special meeting within 3 weeks of the submission deadline.
- period 1 by Sept 11th
- period 2 by Dec 18th
- book fair is going on Dec 11 -
- period 3 by Mar 13th
Teachers (or a designee) will be notified via e-mail if a special PTA Board meeting is required to discuss their grant request and address any questions the PTA Board may have.
The PTA Board will decide to allocate the funds to one or more grant proposals based on the Board’s opinion of the best use of the funds after the special meeting.
* The PTA Board will decide how much of the classroom grant budget will be allocated for each grant period (this amount may vary).
Was My Grant Approved
All applicants will be notified with the PTA Board’s decision via e-mail.
If the grant was not approved, the grant can be re-submitted for a future selection period if not selected initially.
All items purchased with the classroom grant funds must be purchased in the current school year.
Teachers will need to fill out a purchase order, following standard process, and the PTA will pay the school. The school will then pay the vendor.
All items purchased with the classroom grant funds will be the property of Falls Lake Academy.
- Approved Grants -
1st Selection Period
2nd Selection Period
- Subscription to PebbleGo (5 databases) for this year in the amount of $1,145.00
- Special seating (two mesh back chairs, 4 wobble chairs, 2 balance balls) in the amount of $500.00
- Bass Xylophone and cart materials for ES Music in the amount of $560.00
- Kindergarten chair pockets in the amount of $170.00
- 1st grade chair pockets in the amount of $177.50
- Desk cycles in the amount of $636.00
- Amazon Fire tablets with Alexa in the amount of $479.94
- 20 basket making kits for HS Art in the amount of $75.00
- 25 clipboards in the amount of $25
- Microscopes in the ammount of $3,500.67
- Electrophoresis supplies in the amount of $997.80
- Laptop speakers, scissors, and glue sticks in the amount of $58.07
- Borenson Math – Hands-On Equations in the amount of $472.36